Acosys Consulting is currently hiring an Oracle Database Administrator (Contract)
for their leading health and benefits provider client. The successful candidate is responsible for working with the Database Architect in the development, implementation and communications of Oracle database systems and re-platforming, to ensure that technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to formulate plans, strategies and outcomes.
- Work closely with Production Operations team members, Infrastructure team members, Project Managers, Software Development and Business Analysts to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Work with Database Architect and other systems architects to ensure proper database architecture is designed into business requirements for projects from the ground up
- Peer-evaluate change management requests to validate planned testing processes is appropriate for the degree of change being implemented; including Time & Cost estimation with Impact analysis
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Develop relationships with internal and external clients to ensure business needs are fully understood and IT solutions are fully aligned to meet the defined business needs.
- Develop and maintain project plans or subsets of plans that include overall deliverables, resource plans and projections
- Coordinate project Change Management activities by assessing impact on scope and preparing project change requests throughout the project lifecycle
- Aid in the support/writing of automation scripts written to both monitor and maintain the systems and to support applications
- Maintain detailed design documents with all changes
Skills & Abilities:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, information systems or computer engineering
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office tools including MS Project and MS Excel
- Excellent written & communication skills
- 10+ years of database experience in a complex, regulated environment; with emphasis on HA in an active/active network environment
- Oracle Database Certified Specialist or Expert certification
- 10+ years’ experience with performance management and administration
- Strong experience in security and hardening
- Strong experience in Capacity planning, systems performance and tuning
- Ability to communicate technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion to non-technical personnel
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and escalations
- Proficiency in HP-UX and RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Senior understanding of high-availability Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres), structures, theories, principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of scripting tools for automation, monitoring and tuning required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple levels within the organization: Management, Production Operations, IT, Systems Administration, etc.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good understanding of Middleware (Weblogic, Tuxedo, tcServer) structures, theories, principles and practices
- Ability to define database system architecture that can be implemented uniformly across Development, QA and Production environments
- Flexible and adaptable to working additional hours and/or overtime
- Familiarity with health care, financial or PBM industry
- Familiarity with Web Programming: J2EE, CORBA, XML
- Senior level understanding of Network design and Implementation
- Senior level understanding of MS Windows design and Implementation
Eligible for the Enhanced Reliability Clearance or above
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.