Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire a Bilingual Workplace Risk Assessment for Harassment and Violence Prevention Assessment Consultant to join our federal client.
The government client is seeking a Workplace Risk Assessment for Harassment and Violence Prevention Assessment Consultant to support the BILL C-65 that will be active Janurary 1st
, 2021. The new regulations require that the governmental client develop and implement a new workplace harassment and violence prevention policy jointly with its health and safety policy committee (policy committee). In order to develop the policy, the Regulations require that the employer and the policy committee jointly conduct a workplace assessment of risk factors that contribute to harassment and violence in the workplace.
- Develop relevant training materials, guides and templates on how to conduct a workplace risk and cultural assessment for harassment and violence prevention using a well-established methodology that complies with the requirements of the regulations;
- Provide training (virtual or face-to-face, as appropriate) to the employer and the policy committee on the how to conduct and document the findings of such a workplace risk and cultural assessment. For virtual training the preferred platforms are Zoom and Teams;
- Work jointly with the employer and the policy committee to identify the risk factors, internal and external to the workplace, that contribute to harassment and violence in the workplace as noted under the Objectives section. This will entail:
- Understanding the culture, conditions, activities and organizational structure of the workplace, as well as the circumstances external to the workplace, such as family violence, that could give rise to harassment and violence in the workplace;
- Reviewing and analyzing any reports, records and data on past cases or incidents of harassment or violence in the workplace to develop measures to address risk factors in similar cases or incidents;
- a.developing and analyzing employee and management questionnaires;
- b.conducting employee and management interviews;
- c. conducting physical inspections of workplaces;
- d.analyzing internal incident/complaint metrics;
- e.assessing/reviewing past government and employer reports, studies and tests that relate to the health and safety of employees; and/or,
- f. assessing reports done by qualified Occupational Health and Safety professionals and/or security professionals where appropriate.
- Carrying out a qualitative risk and cultural assessment of the risk factors that contribute to harassment and violence in the workplace;
- Understanding the physical design of the workplace;
- Reviewing and evaluating the measures that are in place to protect the psychological health and safety of individuals in the workplace;
- Facilitating bilingual discussions with the relevant stakeholders (including senators, senator’s staff and employees of the government entity) to thoroughly identify, categorize, evaluate and analyze the risk factors with a view to provide recommendations on preventative measures and an implementation plan that can be put in place to mitigate or eliminate such risks;
- Delivering a summary qualitative and quantitative report (compliant with Regulations) that outlines the process and methodology followed to complete the workplace risk assessment, the findings of the assessment and suggested recommendations to mitigate risks identified; and
- Developing preventative measures and an implementation plan to address risk factors identified through the workplace assessment.
- Be available during normal working hours (Normal work hours range between 8am and 5pm EST)
- Draft reports must be provided in both French or English that summarize the risks as they pertain to Workplace Risk Assessment for Harassment and Violence Prevention, and also identify the preventative measures.
- Presentation of the draft report to the Project Authority and government client’s designates and policy committee which may result in changes to the draft.
- The Final Reports must be provided in French or English and must summarize the risks as they pertain to Workplace Risk Assessment for Harassment and Violence Prevention, and also identify the preventative measures.
- All information related to any of the government entities’ business must be kept in Canada. Failure to do this will result in the cancellation of your contract. The Contractor must notify the government entity immediately should there be a breach.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Bilingualism in both English and French
- 5 years of experience (since January 1, 2014) providing Workplace Risk Assessment for Harassment and Violence Prevention assessment services
- Eligible for Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
- Bilingualism in both English and French
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.