Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire an Intermediate Programmer/Analyst to join our federal government client.
The federal client is seeking an Intermediate Programmer/Analyst to increase the ease of discovery, access and use of the federal client’s data through the enhancement of the federal client’s data portal, metadata and structure of datasets and associated micro applications.
- Record the federal client’s CKAN extensions to Python 3 for CKAN >2.9 compatibility
- Enhance the federal client’s CKAN extension (code) and deployment (installation and integration) including implementation
- Enablement CKAN geospatial feature
- Improve search
- Implementation of data publication and validation pipeline
- Implementation of an organizational structure that reflects the federal client’s organization structure
- Enhance metadata fields reflecting the federal client’s program structure
- Identify translation and accessibility changes where not possible in CKAN core projects.
- Code contribution to CKAN core projects to enhance accessibility, translation and conformity to Government of Canada Policies and Directives, for example and not limited to:
- Implementation of alternative text for all graphic buttons
- Format corrections for French translation
- Span class user for screen reader compatibility
- Code to reformat datasets to tabular format for ingestion into the federal client’s data store and allow interactive visualization on the portal
- Document all code deliverables and deployment steps (must be sufficient so at allow use of all deliverables without contact with the contractor)
- Code annotation
- Installation and deployment instructions
- Maintenance instructions
- Open source containerized deployment of portal
Security Clearance Requirements
- Valid Enhanced Reliability Clearance
- University degree
- 5+ years’ as a Programmer/Analyst
- 3+ project experience supporting at least 50% of need work with CKAN (deploying public CKAN portal, producing a CKAN extension or contributing to the core CKAN code2)
- 3+ project experiences supporting web development for at least 3 major changes in look or functionality of a website (production or editing of code for customizing the look and functionality of a website, enhancing interactivity, responsiveness, accessibility)
- 3+ project experiences producing at least 50% of the code for the data centric micro applications (applications that allow interactive access to, the processing, the analysis of and/or the visualization of data) in the Python language
- 3+ project experiences ensuring web project for at least 3 major changes that led to meeting specified Government of Canada web standards in look or functionality of a website
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.