Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire a Sr. Java Developer to join our federal government client.
The federal client is seeking a Sr. Java Developer (10+ years experience) to support the various Digital Services Division projects and initiatives in the development of Java applications and maximize the federal client’s business performance through modern and progressive management of information technology (IT) services, policies, and resources.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and enhance web-based Java applications to support business requirements in an Agile environment using tools such as Java JEE, Eclipse IDE, Tomcat, JBoss, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Spring, MVC, GIT, Docker, etc.;
- Design, develop, test, deploy and enhance web-based Java applications using application servers;
- Develop RESTful web services between applications;
- Use SQL (Structured Query Language) to perform CRUD (create/read/update/delete) operations on the RDBMS (relational database management system) such as Oracle;
- Perform test-driven development using tools such as JUnit;
- Use continuous integration tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, or Cruise Control;
- Use the build automation tool Maven for Java applications;
- Identify production and non-production application issues;
- Troubleshoot and bug fix in Java applications;
- Use an issue tracking system such as JIRA;
Security Clearance Requirements
- Hold a valid Secret Clearance
- 10+ years’ experience:
- as a Java Developer in the last 15 years
- professional work experience within the last fifteen (15) years developing web applications using Hibernate and/or JPA (Java Persistence API) for Object/Relational Mapping and database persistence.
- using SQL (Structured Query Language) to perform CRUD (create/read/update/delete) operations on a RDBMS (relational database management system) such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2.
- 5+ years experience:
- professional work experience developing web applications using the following DevOps practices: Continuous Integration & Version Control
- performing test-driven development using JUnit
- experience with front end development frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js. or GWT.
- developing RESTful web services between applications.
- 4+ years’ experience developing applications using open source search engine platforms Solr or Elasticsearch
- 3+ years’ experience:
- professional work experience developing Spring Boot applications
- 2+ years’ experience
- developing web applications for the OpenShift platform
- as a programmer analyst using an Agile software development lifecycle methodology such as Scrum.
- 1+ year experience packaging Java web applications in containers such as Docker.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.