Human Resource Consultant
Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire a Human Resource Consultant to join our federal government client based in Gatineau (Ottawa)
2 or 3, a minimum of 1 senior consultant
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Work Plan – due two (2) weeks following the initial meeting, a detailed work plan, outlining areas of higher significance and of priority, and data collection approaches, to be discussed at the initial kick-off meeting. As well, it should include:
- Description and revised list of tasks, timelines, and person-day allocations based on feedback on the project proposal from the Project Authority and Lead program representative;
- Draft versions of relevant data collection instruments;
- A preliminary outline of the review report; and
- Draft Data Collection Instruments, data collection procedures, and protocols, schedules, data framework, etc.
- Progress Reports: brief, bi-weekly progress reports (one to two pages as needed)
- Draft and Final technical reports or line of evidence reports (e.g., file/document reviews; interviews; focus groups, comparative study, etc.), including a description of methodologies due four (4) months after approval of the work plan.
- Analysis and reporting – the contractor will be required to:
- Facilitate a workshop for validation of main findings, jointly with the Park Canada Audit and Evaluation team and lead program representative;
- Conduct meta-analysis, synthesis, and integration of findings from multiple lines of evidence;
- Develop a draft report due five (5) months granting contract;
- Present the findings to the Advisory Committee and Executive Management Committee as required (depending on the committees’ schedule); and
- Revise the draft report based on feedback.
Gatineau, but with a current pandemic, there is an increased likelihood that most or all work, and collection of information would be performed offsite and interviews performed by telephone or video conference.
Type of contract
Duration of contract
1 year, with 1 renewal opportunity
Number of Days of Work per Year
For the Senior position: Up to 40 days/ year (for the opportunity of 2 years)
For the Intermediate position: 70 days/ year
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Level of Education Required
A University degree is an asset
Relevant Professional Certification (Certified Human Resources Practitioner) is an asset
The Resource must:
- Have experience in successfully delivering projects to the Government of Canada related to human resources and/or people management;
- Have experience outlining the approach and specific tasks to be undertaken to complete all aspects of the project;
- Have knowledge and understanding of:
- the federal government people management environment policies and laws applicable to the federal government; and
- knowledge of legislation, policies, trends, and practices in human resources management
- Have a government environment or major enterprise extensive experience (more than 4,000 employees);
- Have experience in a decentralized organization;
- Have assessed the compliance of practices with applicable laws, directives, procedures, and regulations associated with human resources management;
- Must have experience developing a work plan to meet objectives:
- identification and assessment of key HR processes and values;
- risk-based assessment;
- outlines key issues; and
- proposing recommendations.
- Must have worked with a team on a similar project.
Bilingual an asset
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.