Senior Organizational Design and Classification Consultant
Our Public client is actively seeking to hire a Senior Organizational Design and Classification Consultant
for a contract position. The client requires the services of Organizational Design and Classification Consultant to review organizations’ mandates, position job descriptions and classification rationales; work with stakeholders to propose updates and develop standardized products; also, to provide guidance and develop organizational model options and associated parameters
- Maintain a tracking system of active Task Authorizations that includes a summary of actions detailing each hour worked.
- Meet with ODCCE employees and/or clients, as required, to confirm scope and objectives of work stream development and expected results
- Liaise with ODCCE, EX Classification, management, employees and potentially bargaining agent within the Department, as required
- Organizational design and classification analysis – internal and external relativity; job validation on-site reviews; SWOT analyses; EX work stream alignment; mapping; mapping implementation impact analysis overview; action plans and other activities, as require
- Participate in mapping activities, associated with the implementation of generics
- Consult and present information, summaries and findings to management, other HR advisors and/or employees, as required
- Identify opportunities to group functions to create new, standardized work streams
- Review existing organizational structures and analyze mandate, responsibilities, roles and outcomes to develop proposals for efficient and effective functional organizational models
- Define, propose, develop and implement work streams and organizational models with associated products, including standardized job descriptions, rationales, work stream parameters, crosswalks, and organizational model chart(s)
- Develop new job description(s), using the departmental template and the format prescribed in the TBS, Directive on Classification, Appendix H (http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc- eng.aspx?id=28700)
- Review and update job description(s) resulting from a program change, contextual change, conversion, functional realignment or cyclical review, to ensure it aligns with current job context and functions
- Identify opportunities to map functions described in existing job descriptions to standardized organizational model work streams and associated pre-classified products wherever possible
- Identify opportunities to group functions to propose new, standardized work streams
- Liaise with ODCCE, EX Classification, other HR advisors, management, employees, and potentially bargaining agent
- The consultant(s) will be required to provide new or revised work descriptions for all branches of the Department as required, which could be up to 80 per year.
- Must have a sample of three (3) impartial references for work performed in support of a federal government organization, representing Management or HR Advisors currently or previously working for an organization within the federal government.
- As a Senior level consultant must have experience writing rationales and job descriptions using a variety of different standards (minimum of five (5) or more years’ experience within the last eight (8) years
- Must provide a sample of three (3) rationales and three (3) job descriptions written within the last five (5) years. (variety of different groups and levels)
- Must have a minimum of five (5) or more years’ experience within the past eight (8), in providing the following: organizational design and classification advice and services to senior management.
- Must have written 50 or more job descriptions within the last 5 years
- Must have experience writing position description related to 6 + streams of work (Administrative, Technical and Variety of other groups)
- Must have has experience in writing position description related to various streams of work.
- Audit and Evaluation
- Communications and Public Engagement
- Corporate Leadership to Programs/Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (IT)
- Policy and Planning
- Real Property
- Pension / Pay
- Must have three (3) sample job descriptions, will be assessed according to the following requirement details:
- Easy to follow and clear (3) Sentence structure and grammar (2)
- Links between sections of the job descriptions (5)
- Well-Described Organizational Context:
- Subordinates, colleague positions and supervising structure well-described (5)
- Mandate, primary purpose and general accountability, as well as any applicable parameters, e.g. JD from a work stream (5)
- Well-Described Scope of Functions and Accountabilities
- Links between the nature and scope of work to specific accountabilities.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.