Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager to join our federal government client.
The federal client is seeking the services of a Senior Project Manager to work closely and collaboratively with Integrated Technical Services (ITS) to manage and deliver on the Aids to Navigation Information System re-development project.
- Manage the project during the initiation, planning, execution and close-out phases;
- Monitor and report project progress on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points in the life cycle;
- Obtain project sign-off.
- Provide project management recommendations to the Project Authority and the ITS management team;
- Develop the project plan aligning with other projects that are directly linked and find opportunities to further streamline in working horizontally with partners in order to deliver integrated project artefacts such as plans, schedules, risks, etc;
- Manage the project risk(s) and develop and maintain risk and issue plans, reports and/or processes;
- Manage the change management process, including identifying and securing approval for business requirements and any subsequent changes to the plans, costing or timeline(s);
- Prepare, refine and review written documentation, presentations, reports, dashboards and make oral presentations;
- Manage the project delivery and prepare and/or assist with project and release budget, costing and scheduling estimates;
- Prepare and/or assist with project and release implementation approaches, issue/quality management processes and organizational requirements;
- Manage the project schedule and prepare, refine and review Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), schedules, Quality Assurance plans and other project control documents;
- Collect, review, analyze, track and report on project and release performance data and advise on the time, cost, scope, quality, business requirements or other performance parameters;
- Prepare, refine and review performance reports and facilitate integration with other tools/reports as necessary; and
- Ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders with respect to changes in work scope.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must hold a valid Secret Clearance
- Must hold a valid PMP Certification
- Must have a minimum of 12+ years’ experience as a Project Manager collaborating with a multi- disciplinary team (such as Business Analyst, System Architect, Application/Software Architect, Programmer, Technical Writer, Clients) in support of application development projects
- Must have a minimum (and recent) of 5+years in IT within Government (Goc) clients including Agencies or Crown Corporations, Provincial Government Departments or Industry years
- Must have a minimum of twelve (12) months’ experience as a Project Manager for a major software implementation or major upgrade scenario within the federal government or agency, and within the last five (5) years
- Must have experience in the development and management of project management documents including the project charter and project schedule/Gantt
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.