Organization Development Consultant
Federal government organization based in Ottawa (the “Client”)
NUMBER OF RESOURCES NEEDED
2 resources (the “Resources”) with different levels of days and experience
The Resources will provide organizational development consulting services and validation of Indigenous content, duties and obligations in the following program areas: training, tools, policy and legislative review.
The Resources will be required to work with the Client’s employees, as well as partners from other federal organizations to:
- Provide guidance to the development of new directives, guidelines, policies, funding programs, training material and tools as they relate to the Client’s shared responsibilities to respect and uphold Aboriginal rights, and establish positive relationships with Indigenous communities.
- Leverage other experts to validate existing and develop new training content and tools from a holistic Indigenous perspective including Inuit, Metis and First Nation perspectives. This will include but not be limited to new and existing courses such as the Client Learning Network Introduction to Indigenous Consultation Course and other existing courses and tools that will make up the Client training curriculum.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Develop new tools and update existing tools to enable the Client to meet its various obligations reflected in legislations, policies, treaties and self-government agreements. This may include but not be limited to drafting and revising checklists, work sheets, flow charts, presentation decks, and guidelines, operating procedures, reports, performance measures, directives and policies related to Indigenous engagement, consultation, procurement, cultural protocols, training and related priorities.
- Policy and standard operating procedures review:
- Develop an approach for the review of departmental policy/legislative instruments and Standard operating procedures to ensure alignment with the United Declarations for the rights of Indigenous Peoples based on industry best practices.
- Implement the approach
The Contractor will be expected to conduct the work at their own facilities; however, the Contractor’s resources must be available to participate in meetings at Client’s facilities in Ottawa, ON as required. These meetings may either be in person, videoconference or via teleconference as determined by the Client (due to COVID-19 specific instructions will preclude any in person meetings).
Type of contract
Duration of contract
Date of contract award to 2 years later (estimated)
Number of Days of Work per Year
The estimated level of effort for the total contract is 300 days, but one of the two Resources might have more days.
Approx. 200 days for Resource A and 100 days for Resource B.
The exact starting date is still unknown.
Particular Needs or Concerns:
Needs Reliability status clearance
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Level of Education Required
The Resource must have a College or University degree. A higher-level degree is an asset.
Any relevant professional certification is also an asset.
One of the Resources must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in the past 7 years doing the following:
- Developing new Indigenous training directives, guidelines, policies ;
- Developing and delivering Indigenous training material and tools as it relates to respecting and upholding Aboriginal rights, and establishing positive relationships with Indigenous communities ;
- Validating tools such as reports, web content and on-line and in person learning content and courses for accuracy and alignment with perspectives of Metis, First Nations and Inuit communities by citing various reliable sources.
One of the Resources must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the review, development and implementation of policies and/or strategies for a minimum of 2 different Government Departments.
One of the Resources must have experience (at least 5 years in the last 10 years) in developing an Indigenous Engagement Guideline to inform federal organization’s officials on procedures and responsibilities for engaging with and conducting consultations and outlining the key principles for engagement with Indigenous communities, National organizations, tribal councils, Elders in the context of its operations and in alignment with Reconciliation objectives.
The proposed Resources must have experience working at the Senior Analyst Level at either the Federal or Provincial Government Level (15 years’ experience or more is an asset).
The proposed Resources must have experience developing and preparing at least 1 of the following:
- Organizational Indigenous policy instruments (ex: Policies, directives, guidelines and governance frameworks;
- Organizational Indigenous Engagement and consultation strategies and guidelines;
- Organizational Indigenous Training frameworks, policies and learning content.
All communications with staff must be performed in the official language (English or French) preferred by the employee.
The Resources need to have reliability status clearance.
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV to HRConsulting@acosysconsulting.com no later than September 28th 2020, 2:00 pm.