Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire a Senior Mainframe Business Consultant to join our federal government client.
The Sr. Senior Mainframe Business Consultant will support the Government of Canada’s IT Infrastructure Plan (GCIT-IP) for the federal client, while seeking opportunities to deliver value for money by consolidating the procurement of IT goods and services. This Sr. resource will move forward with the transformational activities outlined in the Plan, while continuing to undertake activities and enter into and manage contracts aimed at ensuring ongoing IT services to departments during the transition periods.
- Providing ‘Lessons Learned’ and ‘Best Practices’ from the Technical Authority role
- Assisting Procurement and IT Optimization with input to the Statement of Work and Evaluation Criteria for RFPs and/or Treasury Board Submissions
- Provide a smooth transition from contract consolidation into execution (after contract award)
- Implement processes and procedures to manage Items (Licenses, etc.) across the federal client
- Tracking total and current year planned spend, renewal dates and options
- Act as a Liaison with Vendors on Technical matters and help coordinate user groups / interactions among SMDC Service lines to share best practices
- Future contract capacity planning, identifying opportunities for cost savings and/or service enhancement
- Work with the technology owners within the Service lines to consolidate and/or terminate requirements, where possible within the contracts, to align with strategic plans
- In conjunction with procurement, monitor and manage Vendor Performance based on contract parameters
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must hold a valid Secret Clearance
- Must hold a university degree in business or technology OR a 2- year diploma related to business or technology
- Must have 15+ years’ experience developing mainframe infrastructure contracts, leading mainframe contract negotiations, and developing documents associated with the management of large mainframe infrastructure contracts with a value greater than two hundred (200) million dollars in multi-client environment of at least 20,000 or more end-users.
- Must demonstrate 10+ years of experience as a Business Consultant providing advice, support and consultation services in relation to mainframe-based IT projects.
- Must have a minimum 10+ years of experience developing mainframe infrastructure contracts, leading mainframe contract negotiations, and developing documents associated with the management of large mainframe infrastructure contracts with a value greater than two hundred (200) million dollars in multi-client environment of at least 20,000 or more end-users.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience gathering, analyzing, and developing contract requirements for mainframe large mainframe infrastructure contracts with a value greater than two hundred (200) million dollars in multi-client environment of at least 20,000 or more end-users
- Must have a minimum of 5 projects within the last 8 years managing projects relating to mainframe product management and services and business analysis
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years with major mainframe vendors (hardware and software) quote, ordering, help desk and implementation processes for mainframe data centre services with Federal Government Departments or Agencies. environments. (This must include requesting mainframe software and hardware quotes, contracting and ordering mainframe hardware, software and services.)
- Must have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in Client Relationship Management in a mainframe environment with Federal Government Departments or Agencies. (Experience must include acting as a liaison between agencies and service provider translating requirements needed to resolve hardware or software issues and service interruptions.)
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience within the last fifteen (15) years in preparing mainframe briefing notes and presentations for different audiences including Senior Managers and Directors, as well as various stakeholders.
- Must have experience providing technical support to two IBM Mainframe Treasury Board submissions worth at least $750 Million each.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience with problem resolution and project progress and reporting in relation to mainframe operations.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience requesting quotes, ordering mainframe hardware and software.
- Must have 3+ project experiences relating to the full lifecycle management of a large mainframe project valued at or greater than two hundred (200) million.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.