Acosys Consulting is actively seeking to hire a Senior Solution Architect to join our federal government client.
The Sr. Solution Architect is expected to provide support to one of, or potentially multiple, security projects, partners or clients. This person will provide advice and guidance to senior executives, consult with other members of the organization and contribute to the overall effectiveness of federal client’s programs and delivery and implementation of these programs.
- Provide leadership, facilitation and a holistic vision in the development of the strategy for an integrated architecture including ‘future state” definition and the development of critical success factors.
- Provide technical coordination to technical and operations staff, including professional engineers, IT specialists.
- Oversee the review of business requirements, system requirement specifications, design, testing, implementation, and operations documentation. Ensure that all system requirements are satisfied, consistent and tested. Where requirements are not satisfied, identify, assess the impact, document and work with the various stakeholders to resolve the issue. Where an issue cannot be resolved, escalate to management for direction.
- Provide support to project teams for the preparation and review of solution-specific architecture and design deliverables, ensuring that processes are implemented.
- Participate in planning and communication activities and provide information and support to implementation and operations-related activities.
- Assist in the development and tracking of business requirements, to ensure requirements can be bridged between the architectural design for a solution, and the ongoing operational support for the business system.
- Act as the OPI for the implementation of solution deliverables and act as a support OPI for project related activities.
- Prepare, maintain and make accessible related communication material for the business line.
- Advise and escalate technical and operational issues related to requirements, design, testing, and deployment of new systems to production state.
- Participate in various committees and working groups. He/she shall submit monthly reporting schedules for all of the activities carried out in support of the development and maintenance of the design.
- Participate in the informal and formal review sessions and document review and comment cycles associated with solution-specific documents, such as requirements, architecture, design and interface specification documents.
- Lead and/ or contribute to federal client’s status update and Technical Solution Architectural Meetings.
- The Business Consultant will work in the National Capital Region and no travelling will be required outside of meetings within the NCA, if required.
- Create adhoc documentation such PowerPoint slideshows or briefing notes.
- Create RODs for SSC status update meetings.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must hold a valid Secret Clearance
- Must demonstrate 15+ years of experience providing architectural advice and guidance for information lifecycle management compliant solutions
- Must hold a University degree at the Bachelor level in any field
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience (in the last 15 years) working in the IT field
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience (within the last 7 years) leading one (1) complex multi-year project/initiative for the development of an enterprise architecture framework and the building of an enterprise wide secure and compliant solution within the framework.
- The proposed resource must have provided strategic planning and leadership from project initiation to completion.
- The multi-year project/initiative must have included the provision of a big data and advanced analytics solution including the use of a data lake.
- The multi-year project/initiative must have included the development of a compliancy framework for the implementation of the solution.
- The multi-year project/initiative must be for a high security environment (secret or higher)
- Must clearly demonstrate through one (1) project description that the proposed resource has recent experience (within the past 7 years) developing and applying a Risk Based Approach within the Government of Canada in support of a mission-critical project/initiative involving multiple departments (3+ departments).
- The resource experience must include providing strategic advice to senior executives (ADM or higher) and leading departmental stakeholders in the adoption of the approach.
- Must have 7 years’ experience ( in the last 10 years) in an Solution Architect role, providing strategic advice, subject matter expertise and directing/overseeing teams of architects from various domains (business, application, information, integration, technology and security – BAITS Model) in the development and implementation of IM/IT enterprise-wide strategies and solutions for high security (Classified Secret or higher) Government of Canada (GoC) environments. (To be considered, the experience must include sufficient details on the enterprise solution being developed and the results achieved.)
- Must have experience delivering an enterprise solution that integrated multiple projects within a program delivery context.
- Must have led the project from initiation to completion.
- Must have reported to DG and/or above.
- The project impacted all lines of business within the organization.
- Must have worked closely with senior stakeholders to create an end-state vision for the digital transformation of their organization to one that tightly and optimally couples technology with business operations.
- Must have led teams in the delivery of successful solutions in various architecture domains and implemented the delivery of an award-winning solution.
- Must have experience architecting big data solutions using HADOOP or CLOUDERA.
- Must have architected advanced analytics/ advanced visualization solutions using PALANTIR or AUTONOMY.
- Must have experience architecting solutions that use geospatial technologies, such as ESRI ArcGIS.
- Must have experience architecting solutions that use Enterprise Content Management/Records Management technologies such as OPENTEXT.
- Must have extensive experience and expertise using MS-POWERPOINT and MS-VISIO to create communications/presentations to senior stakeholders and the entire organization.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.