Acosys Consulting is actively looking to hire a Project Manager to join our federal government client.
Our client requires support in the development of the project’s procedures of initiation, planning, execution, regulation and closure as well as the guidance of the project team’s operations towards achieving all the agreed upon goals within the set scope, time, quality and budget standards.
- Plan, direct and provide input on the activities of the project team within scheduled time and cost parameters
- Provide oversight and project management for the implementation of the project
- Fully support the Project Director
- Manage project team(s) as defined in the project charter, this includes all tasks, activities, and milestones
- Analyze and evaluate business requirements and/or alternatives based on make/buy, impact and cost benefit considerations, and propose, justify, plan and cost the implementation of the selected alternative
- Liaise with Business Analysts (BA) and Business Process Owners (BPO) to update and maintain project schedules
- Plan, organize and coordinate all activities related to the project including all financial, planning and scheduling aspects using MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel and/or MS PowerPoint
- Analyze and review integrated schedules to identify critical path priorities and conflicts and advise through effective communication if there are any issues to senior internal and external stakeholders and other project managers
- Participates in conducting internal and external partners and stakeholder sessions and workshops to collect and validate project requirements, risk and interdependencies
- Coordinates regular project team and project status meetings, workshops, requirements gathering sessions as required by the Project Director
- Prepare and deliver project status dashboards ahead of schedule for Executive and/or Committee reviews
- Consider best practices in other government departments;
- Ensure consistency with Government of Canada policy frameworks and initiatives;
- Take into account the impacts of transformative activities happening within the clients department and the Government at large;
- Engage relevant parties as appropriate in the development of final products;
- Identify options for management models and identify opportunities to strengthen, reform, and realign duties to build strength;
- Identify risks to the implementation of proposals, together with risk mitigation strategies; and
- Develop implementation strategies and operational transition plans where required.
- Project Charter
- Project Management Plan
- Benefits Realization Plan
- Project plans and high level work breakdown structure
- Risk Management Plan
- Change Management Plan
- Change Requests
- Transition Plan Operational and support plans
- Project Close Out Report (including all lessons learned)
Security clearance requirements
- Demonstrate 3 years of recent experience (within the past 5 years) planning and coordinating project management activities including financial planning and contracting aspects
- Demonstrate 3 years of recent experience (within the past 5 years) formulating and managing project plans by defining deliverables, identifying key milestones, reviewing project progress, and engaging in ongoing risk management.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.