Acosys Consulting is actively looking to hire a Senior Business Transformation Architect to join our federal government client.
The client requires the development of a focused, Business Transformation (BT) strategy and associated implementation initiatives to enhance Corporate Management & Comptrollership (CM&C) service delivery to clients.
The Contractor must perform tasks that may include, but are not limited to:
Planning, Scoping and Strategy Roadmap Activities
- Planning, Scoping and Strategy Roadmap Activities;
- Implementation (Mobilization, Execution and Monitoring); and
- General Services.
Implementation (Mobilization, Execution and Monitoring)
- Interview and gather input from various stakeholders on the current service model for the delivery of Client Service Operations for the Total Expenditures and Asset Management System (TEAM, an SAP product used by a number of Federal Government departments that has been named TEAM within the organization and is accessible through two systems: TEAM Portal and TEAM GUI) and the development of the various business/service as-is models;
- Analyse results and document the fit/gap with the existing support model;
- Review the clients, CM&C and CMS organizational structures;
- Assess the CM&C and CMSs current Client Service Operations environment;
- Assess the CM&C and CMS business and service models against best practices and emerging industry trends;
- Assess the current Corporate Management Systems (CMS) Client Service Operations and Regional Business Systems Units organizational structure to identify improvements supportive of improved business and service models;
- Assess the current technology infrastructure utilized by Corporate Management Systems (CMS) Client Service Operations and Regional Business Systems Units to provide Help Desk services and identify improvements supportive of improved business and service models;
- Identify deficiencies in the current business and service models of the Corporate Management Systems (CMS) Client Service Operations and Regional Business Systems Units, as well as opportunities for improvement;
- Identify best practices and emerging industry trends;
- Assess the realizable benefits of the target Client Service delivery model for Corporate Management Systems (CMS) Client Service Operations and Regional Business Systems Units;
- Assess priorities, relative costs, areas of risk and opportunities;
- Identify organizational priorities and constraints that influence transition steps;
- Propose improvements to the business and service models for Client Service Operations to gain efficiencies in service delivery for Corporate Management Systems (CMS) Client Service Operations and Regional Business Systems Units and the organization, as well as to enable the organization to deploy high-impact business processes that eliminate information and process redundancies, and are focused, accountable and measurable;
- Document the target Service Delivery Model for Corporate Management Systems (CMS) Client Service Operations and Regional Business Systems Units based on the assessments from the various stakeholders’ discussions as well as the proposed improvements identified;
- Identify risks and trade-offs associated with transitioning to the improved business and service models, and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies;
- Prepare a Roadmap and Strategy document, including risk mitigations, to address transition steps for the business model, service model, organizational service levels, organizational structure and technology platform;
- Develop a continuous service improvement strategy including Key Performance Indicators;
- Present the target Client Service Operations environment to Senior Management;
- Present the Roadmap and Strategy document to Senior Management;
- Coordinate the review and approval of the Roadmap and Strategy document.
- Prepare an implementation strategy and plan document to transition the organization from the current environment to the new business and service models for CM&C and CMS Client Service Operations, as well as changes to the organization structure and technology platform and tools to support it;
- Prepare a continuous service improvement model that is efficient and sustainable;
- Support the implementation of the technological, organizational, business and service improvements in a liaison or alignment role, ensuring that organizational change activities are identified and that synchronization takes place between other corporate and operational initiatives;
- Provide expert advice and guidance on dealing with implementation planning and issues to maintain timelines, alignment to the approved strategies and expectation of benefits;
- Prepare cost estimation;
- Manage risks and issues;
- Draft communications specific to this initiative;
- Prepare benefit assessments;
- Manage initiative reporting strategies.
The Contractor must provide deliverables that may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare periodic written status reports citing milestones completed, variances or problems, proposed remedial action, and stating the work to be completed during the next reporting period; and
- Transfer business, functional and technical knowledge to the project members through verbal communication and through written instructions and documents.
The Project Authority will communicate any required specific format of deliverables to the Contractor during the performance of the work.
- Proposed approach for engaging stakeholders and document an action plan for documenting the as-is model;
- Develop the as-is business/service model documents based on findings from discussions with stakeholders:
- Outline key findings, risks and opportunities;
- Presentation materials for briefing to senior management;
- Present the target Client Service Operations environment to Senior Management;
- Target Service Delivery Model document;
- Roadmap and Strategy document, including risk mitigations, to address transition steps for the business model, service model, organizational structure and technology platform;
- Implementation strategy and plan document that depicts how the organization will transition to the target business model, service model, organizational structure and technology platform;
- A continuous service improvement strategy including Key Performance Indicators;
- A continuous service improvement plan identifying the key steps in capturing the data and presenting the information to senior management for decision making (dashboards);
- Prepare periodic written status reports citing milestones completed, variances and/or problems, and proposed remedial action, and stating the work to be completed during the next reporting period.
- Contribute to implementation activities (through facilitation or participation in workshops, including preparation of relevant documentation and providing advice and guidance).
- Demonstrate 8 years of experience as an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Practitioner conducting the tasks and activities detailed at Section 4.1 “Tasks”
- Demonstrate 36 months of recent experience in business process transformations (within the last 60 months) in the following categories;
Must provide a valid copy of one of the following certifications;
- recommending and
- implementing client service operations delivery models.
- ITIL V3 Expert Certification; OR
- ITIL V3 Intermediate with the following certification
1. Foundation; and
2. Intermediate with Service Lifecycle Module (Service Operations) and Service Capability Modules Operational Support Analysis (OSA) OR;
- ITIL V4 Master; OR
- ITIL V4
-Foundation; and Managing Professional Certification
Demonstrate 5 of the following tasks within the last 72 months. Each task must be identified on each project and work must have been performed for a Service Operation Organization.
A Service Operation Organization is defined as an organization responsible to provide Help Desk, Training or communication to system end users.
- Gather feedback from interviews and input from various stakeholders to identify different business or service models within an organization.
- Analyze the current service model(s) against industry’s best practice and emerging trends.
- Identify areas for improvement with the service model(s) of an organization.
- Propose improvements to the service model(s) within an organization.
- Document and present recommendations of service model(s) within an organization, based on Stakeholder discussions, and respective interviews and surveys.
- Develop and document a roadmap and strategy document for client service delivery operations.
- Develop a continuous service improvement strategy including key performance indicators.
Demonstrate project recent experience (within the last 72 months) preparing an implementation strategy and related plan documents to transition an organization from a current environment to a new client service operation model.
The experience must include the following minimum tasks:
- Identification of clear goals, specific objectives, and long-term outcomes;
- Identified both short term and long term objectives;
- Prepared a Communication strategy and plan;
- Documented a Change management and Transition strategy and plan; and
- Prepared a continuous service improvement strategy and plan.
Demonstrate recent project experience (within the last 72 months) in identifying the technology platform/application to support a newly designed Service Model
Demonstrate recent project experience within the last 72 months managing project timelines, costs and forecasts.
Security clearance requirements
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.