Acosys Consulting is currently hiring a Project Manager for their federal client. Our client is restructuring the departments capabilities which will continue to enhance the Department’s ability to manage its programs and report on results in a timely fashion without increasing recipients’ reporting burden, improving services to clients, and gaining internal efficiency.
- Performing project management duties for one or more concurrent projects; Developing and delivering presentations to senior management;
- Managing several Team Lead, each responsible for an element of the project and its associated project team;
- Managing the integration and coordination of projects/initiatives with other complementary branch, sector, departmental and inter-departmental initiatives, coordinating with their associated project managers and its associated project team;
- Planning, organizing and coordinating all activities related to IM/IT projects; Performing cost/benefit, risk and impact analyses of proposed initiatives, including implementation plans;
- Managing projects during the development, implementation and operations start- up by ensuring that resources are made available and that the project is developed and is fully operational within previously agreed time, cost and performance parameters;
- Ensuring that project team members adhere to specified methodologies, standards and guidelines to produce consistent quality products;
- Formulating statements of problems; establishing procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtaining approval thereof;
- Defining and documenting the objectives for the project;
- Determining budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities and terms of reference for the project team;
- Reporting progress of the project on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points in the life cycle;
- Meeting in conference with stakeholders and other project managers and states problems in a form capable of being solved;
- Preparing plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems;
- Working with a variety of project management tools; Being responsible for project sign-off;
- Conducting closeout activities, including post mortems, development of lessons learned;
- Ensuring that all processes are documented and that documents are appropriately archived; and
- Demonstrate 10 years of recent experience as a Project Manager in an IM\IT environment or 5+ years of recent experience with Certification in Project Management. Recent experience is defined as “within the last 10 years.”
- You must meet a minimum requirement of providing services for any 5 of the following tasks:
- Provided project management leadership to Project Leaders or Senior Managers (Director level or above).
- Developed frameworks to support projects for several groups with different disciplines.
- Developed and implemented project management policies and procedures.
- Assisted in the management of project deliverables.
- Developed or implemented project management support tools.
- Optimized the utilization of resources among projects or project teams.
- Provided guidance for project and program managers to achieve project milestones, timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrate past experience as a Project Manager for a project within Indigenous Service Canada or Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (former name: Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada.) For past experience to be considered it must have a minimum value of $1.5 million and must be at least 6 months in duration.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.