Acosys Consulting is currently looking for Design Thinking to work with the government of Canada. The government of Canada is currently developing “a planning process for how we manage technology and technological change in government. The Strategic Plan builds on and expands on the Government of Canada Strategic Plan for Information Management and Information Technology 2017 to 2021 (2017 to 2021 GC IM-IT Strategic Plan).” (Digital Operations Strategic Plan, 2020)
This Strategic Plan sets and provides insight into the government’s digital direction. Departments and agencies, chief information officers (CIOs) and officials should consider it as direction from the CIO of Canada. In addition, while broader in scope, this Strategic Plan should be interpreted as the government’s annual strategic plan for information management (IM) and information technology (IT) according to subsection 6.4.2 of the Policy on the Management of Information Technology.
Design Thinking Facilitator
The Design Thinking (DT) Facilitator is mainly responsible to facilitate technical discussions with different types of experts and members of the CFT, using DT approach, with a view to producing DT material adapted to procurement.
- Provide training and facilitation services to plan and guide CFT in the application of all the stages of DT in order to develop a better Problem Statement;
- Deliver a customized introductory presentation on DT;
- Deliver and facilitate a DT-based sessions;
- Provide educational/training material on DT;
- Provide pre-session DT reading package;
- Provide a post-session report and recommendations;
- Develop initial Problem Statement;
- Provide coaching services;
- Develop DT Personas;
- Train participants in applying the 5 Principles of DT:
- Defining the problem o Idea generation o Prototyping o Testing
- Provide any additional support as defined the task authorization.
- Problem statements are defined;
- DT Personas are realistically characterized;
- Perspective of the end user is factored in the solution and end user needs are addressed throughout the process and in the resulting contract(s);
- The Contractor’s obligations under the resulting contract of the solicitation in development reflects end user needs;
- Make recommendations in regards of the inter dependencies between various stakeholders and end users at the stage of deploying the resulting contract in a view to proactively address possible pitfalls.
- Must demonstrate 5 years of experience within the last 10 years facilitating sessions using a “Design Thinking approach” This experience includes planning, designing, organizing, and conducting the sessions.
- Must demonstrate experience conducting facilitation sessions virtually with at least 10 participants using collaborative tools within the past two years
- Demonstrated experience training sessions lasting at least 40 days in design thinking
- Professional facilitation certification is an asset
- Experience in facilitating French technical discussions is an asset
- Certification from IDEO U is an asset
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.