Enterprise Architect (Level 3)
Acosys Consulting is currently hiring an Enterprise Architect (Level 3)
for our federal government client. Our client is seeking an Enterprise Architect (Level 3) replacement / upgrade the current IT infrastructure and modernize communications tools.
The successful candidate shall possess a strong government client-centric focus along with supporting the IM/IT Modernization, our client seeks to establish an organizational Enterprise Architecture (EA) discipline, including methods, tools and the supporting Enterprise Architectures and Strategic IT Investment Plan(s) needed to deliver responsive Enterprise services.
- Perform architecture impact assessments on new or changes to architectures and designs;
- Provide the target blueprint for technology innovation that will serve as a baseline to establish buy versus build decisions for cross-departmental solutions
- Work with other architects to determine client's current state and determine how to integrate it with delivery models and integration strategies;
- Facilitate a strategy, direction and architecture for, but not limited to, the following IT drivers: a. Enterprise Architecture
- i) Telecommunications and/or Network Architectures
- ii) Data Centre Architectures
- iii) Distributed Computing Architectures
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team of specialists;
- Transfer knowledge to personnel to continue to support the architecture established.
- Provide verbal debriefing, formal and ad hoc status updates weekly
- Evaluate the enterprise's business/Information and Communications Technology (ICT) architecture, determine its consistency and integration with the organization's business/ICT strategies, assess the degree of its alignment with Treasury Board Directive on management of Information Technology and the upcoming Directive on Service and Digital and recommend changes to the business/ICT architecture to improve its alignment with these external factors
- Identify future business/ICT requirements against the current enterprise architecture, perform gaps analyses, develop Requirements for Technology Architectures (RTA), and prepare migration strategies
- Assess the feasibility of migrating from the current state to the target business architecture and enabling technologies and identify the risks associated with migrating to the target business architecture and technologies and make recommendations for risk mitigation
- Identify business and technology trends that create opportunities for business improvement, advise business and ICT Senior Executives on ICT trends and emerging technologies and the impact on the organization's and government ICT architectures and business strategies, model "What if" scenarios and recommend appropriate changes to the existing architecture and ICT infrastructure, and recommend alternative solutions, methodologies and strategies
- Produce an architectural evolution plan, recommend prioritization of architecture evolution initiatives, and develop and/or implement an architecture evolution plan
- Manage the development and implementation of an architectural improvement plan
- Coach, mentor and train the organization to perform any of the above
- 10+ years’ experience working as an Enterprise Architect
- A minimum of a three-year college diploma (computer science or other IT related field) or a university degree related to IT
- Must be fluently bilingual in both written and verbal in French and English
- Must hold a Secret Clearance
- Must hold a valid TOFAF certification
- 16+ years of federal government experience
- Experience in the last 5 years:
- Mentoring technical teams on Enterprise level Architecture best practices and tools; OR
- Participating in formal Architecture Review Boards related to Enterprise wide initiatives.
- Experience in the last 10 years Establishing Enterprise Architecture programs including:
- i) Identification and definition of work products, and ii) Definition of governance processes
- Experience developing architectures for business functions (programs) based on the concept of a Centre of Expertise or Centre of Excellence.
- i) 3+ years’ experience in the last 5 year performing Options Analysis
- ii) one (1) of the three (3) years must relate to work completed for an organization with multiple applications working together to accommodate an end user base spanning more than 20 separate organizations / departments.
Work will be completed in both French and English.
Secret Clearance or above
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.