Project Manager – Level 3
Our public sector client is currently seeking to hire a Project Manager – Level 3
for a contract position.This Project Manager must have strong experience, knowledge and capabilities managing projects, and working with the Project Management Office (PMO) team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong project management knowledge and work experience, organizational awareness, business acumen, the ability to adapt, accommodate to an evergreen environment, interest and motivation to acquire new skills, knowledge and learn new tools.
- Project management degree or education, and certification (I.e. PMP®, PgMP ®).
- Experience managing projects in Government of Canada environment, in a Project Management Office (PMO) environment, using Waterfall and/or Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge and proven project experience using various project systems such as Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, Primavera, Excel, etc.
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile, innovative environment that is continuously in a delivery mode.
- Work with a diverse group of people within IRAP, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment in order to: initiate, develop, implement, execute, monitor, track multiple IRAP projects, while engaging and collaborating with IRAP internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment demonstrating resourcefulness, strong problem-solving skills, self-sufficiency and self-direction, initiative, strong communication skills, and ability to understand and support the needs of internal stakeholders.
Scope of Work:
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a portfolio of projects assigned throughout their life cycle, among which:
- IRAP PMO Ops reporting (at project, portfolio and operational level)
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) revision and improvements plans
- Other ad-hoc projects assigned.
- Manage each project during the planning, development, implementation, execution and operationalization start up.
- Ensure that each project is well managed and developed, and is fully operational within the previously agreed constraints (i.e. time, cost, schedule, scope).
- Formulate statement of problems; establishes procedures for the development and implementation of new, and modified projects elements to solve the problems and obtain the necessary approval.
- Define and document the scope and objectives for each project: determine requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities.
- Report periodically the progress of the project on an ongoing process, and at scheduled points in the life cycle of each project.
- Engage with the stakeholders (via phone/teleconference/video conference/in-person), project leads and other project managers, assess needs, state and address in full problems in a form capable of being solved.
- Engage with IT group in IRAP to ensure integration and alignment of the necessary revision to the systems available within IRAP (Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.).
- Prepare project artifacts required for each of the projects: Project Charter, Business Plans, Project plans (Implementation Plan, Communication, Schedule, Risk, Benefits Realization, etc.), the Work Breakdown Schedule, charts, tables, and diagrams necessary to assist in analyzing, displaying and presenting project related information in the systems available within IRAP (Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, excel, etc.).
- Gather and update project information into the systems available within IRAP (Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, excel, etc.).
- Develop and work with a variety of project management tools, methodologies, and techniques.
- Work with the PMO Manager, as part of the IRAP PMO team, to ensure that project objectives are being me.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Manage knowledge and information related to the PMO assigned projects.
- Project sign-off.
- The resource must demonstrate a minimum of 10+ years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- The resource must demonstrate in the submission and present a relevant portfolio, a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in managing a portfolio of projects throughout their life cycle, within Government of Canada.
- The resource must demonstrate in the submission and present a relevant portfolio, a 10+ years of experience in development of project materials, project tools, reporting throughout the project lifecycle.
- The resource must hold an university degree or education in Project Management, along with the Project Management certification (i.e. PMP)
- The resource must have minimum 5+ years as a Project Manager in the Government of Canada, managing a portfolio of projects in an Agile and / or Waterfall environment
- The resource must have a minimum of 5+ years managing projects in Azure DevOps, Primavera, Microsoft Project, and / or Excel
- The resource must have a minimum of 5+ years in conducting assessments of project portfolio management practices at the organizational level
- The resource must have 5+ years creating project and portfolio tools, material, as well as various project – portfolio reports for senior managers and project stakeholders.
- The resource is familiar with an Agile approach to project management.
- The resource must have a minimum of 5+ years creating project training material.
The successful candidate is required to obtain Secret Security Clearance prior to the contract being rewarded.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.