Acosys Consulting is looking to hire a Risk Analyst
for a public sector client. The primary responsibilities require working with a team of departmental staff, and project managers and provide support for all projects.
Tasks / Responsibilities
The successful candidate is responsible for:
The candidate is responsible for delivering:
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Identify project risks and overall project risks.
- Recommend alternative solutions, methodologies and strategies for risk mitigation and management.
- Produce risk management plans.
- Conduct risk assessments for troubled projects to quickly assess associated risks and recommend courses of action to minimize inherent risks.
- Assist in prioritization and assignment of risks.
- Assist in the development and/or implementation of Risk Management Plans.
- Manage the implementation of Risk Management Plans to identify, analyze, plan, track and control project risks on a continuous basis throughout the project life cycle; and
- Coach, mentor and train project teams in risk mitigation techniques.
- Provide timely and accurate risk reporting including progress of project risks on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points in the project life cycle.
- Meet with project teams, stakeholders, and other project managers to validate project information and status in order to determine and report risk.
- Analyze, evaluate, and prioritize work and conduct a gap analysis of missing plans and activities and provide feedback on the risks associated with the gaps to the project manager.
- A status report on a biweekly basis, documenting the progress of the work described above in Tasks, including difficulties which may affect overall schedule and planned tasks for the next reporting period. The status report must include:
- Activities completed within the reporting period.
- Planned activities for the next reporting period.
- Risks/issues that will require the attention of the Project Authority; and
- Corrective actions required.
- Development and facilitate risks management sessions for projects.
- Presentation materials for committee meetings including monthly dashboards.
- Documented internal risk management processes; and
- A report on lessons learned and improvements to be made within risk management processes.
- Develop and maintain a risk management plan and maintain risk register
- Any other project deliverables related to the tasks identified under Tasks, on an "as and when requested" basis as specified by the Project Authority.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience within the last 15 years working as a Risk Management Specialist working in an IM/IT environment.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the development and facilitation of risk management sessions and training at a project, program or portfolio management level. **Experience must be demonstrated within the last 5 years to qualify**
- Must demonstrate completion of Risk Assessments for 3 Project Complexity and Risk Assessment (PCRA) rated Government of Canada** Experience must be demonstrated within the last 5 years to qualify**
- Must demonstrate experience in each of the technologies, software and tools identified in the TA as essential. I.e. Risk Management Plans, Risk Mitigation, etc. **Demonstrated experience must be a minimum duration of 6 months each. Minimum of 5 projects are required to qualify**
Must currently hold a valid
Canadian Risk Management certification. I.e. (CRM, PMI - RMP
or Axelos - MoR
Manager of Risk)
A valid copy of Secret Security Clearance is required prior to the contract being rewarded.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.