Acosys Consulting is looking to hire a Senior IM Architect
for our public sector client.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is responsible for:
The qualified candidate will have:
- Analyzing existing business capabilities and requirements from client’s Technical Environment, developing redesigned frameworks and recommending areas for improved capability and integration.
- Developing and documenting detailed statements of requirements or business needs
- Defining and documenting interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems
- Performing information modeling in support of business process reengineering (BPR) implementation
- Supporting renewal of architecture artifacts necessary to realize IM strategies within client
- Migrating records and data sources to client’s EDRMS
- Tracking, responding and documenting IM metrics in order to meet Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS)’s Management Accountability Framework criteria related to Information Management
- Evaluating existing business procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application subsystems, and develop data dictionaries, taxonomies or data management frameworks
- Providing advice in developing and integrating process and information models between business processes to eliminate information and process redundancies
- Advising client management and executives on information architecture solutions, Government-wide structured information trends, directions and IM strategies and plans
- Developing a technical approach for the migration of records and data sources to client’s EDRMS
- Providing technical expertise in the use and optimization of data modeling techniques to team members
- Liaising with client’s technical teams on problems/changes affecting IM system solutions
- Providing advice in defining new requirements and opportunities for applying efficient and effective solutions; identify and provide preliminary costs of potential options;
- Analyzing existing and future information architecture opportunities and requirements, develop redesigned information frameworks and recommend areas to leverage client’s information architectures to improve structured information data models, frameworks and integration;
- Developing architecture artifacts necessary to realize IM strategies within client;
- Providing technical expertise in the migration of records and data sources to client’s EDRMS
- Developing, propose and document high level strategies to leverage Information architectures in support of business requirements and business objectives at an Enterprise level;
- Identifying policies and requirements that are key drivers of the IM program, strategies and plans according to Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) in order to meet the Management Accountability Framework criteria related to Information Management; h. Documenting and developing information management strategies for structured & unstructured information architecture as part of an IM program, including assumptions, principles and constraints;
- Advising senior management and executives on information architecture solutions, Government-wide structured information trends, directions and IM strategies and plans;
- Analyzing and developing information architecture "critical success factors";
- Designing, developing and maintaining Taxonomies, Ontologies, Logical Data Models, Conceptual Blueprints, or other related Enterprise Information Architecture artefacts or applications;
- Providing technical expertise in the use and optimization of data modeling techniques to team members;
- Communicating with project management and data processing professionals, technical users and end users on administrative matters related to the project
- Demonstrated experience for minimum 5 years of work experience within the past ten 10 years as an IM Architect or other similar role for Canadian Public Sector clients (i.e. Federal/ Provincial/ Municipal organizations).
- Demonstrated experience for minimum 3 years of experience implementing GCDocs, the version of Open Text Content Server 16, with the core modules such as Records and Physical Objects Management, and integration with Active Directory using Open Text Directory Services (OTDS)
- Demonstrated experience with a minimum of 4 projects related to the following six (6) subject areas:
- Developing records auto-classification in GCDocs;
- Developing architectures for long-term retention of archived records and documents using Open Text Archives Server;
- Implementing records classifications and taxonomy design in GCdocs based on work process analysis from the perspective of the creation, capture and control of records.
- Implementing Web Services, known as Application Programming Interfaces (API), to integrate transfer payment management systems into GCDOCS;
- Developing document imaging solutions using Open Text Blazon or Open Text Brava! To GCDocs;
- Developing Record Series Identifiers (RSIs) and coding them in GCdocs to enable retention and disposition to both physical (paper) and electronic content.
A valid copy of secret security clearance must be provided prior to the contract being rewarded.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by
email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.