Senior Business Analyst
Our public sector client is currently searching for a Senior Business Analyst to assist in developing and implementing a Collaborative Situational Awareness Portal (CSAP) for coastal Indigenous communities across Canada.
Scope of Work
- Establish a set of questions and a national process to guide each region’s collection of user requirements, in collaboration with client. Regions are Atlantic, Central & Arctic, and Western.
- Evaluate the technical reports from regional consultations regarding possible enhancements to the CSAP system, especially the magnitude of the proposed enhancements. For example, it will be important to understand where more than one region is requesting the same or similar enhancement, or where there is some feature of the system that is currently hindering the use of the system.
- Produce Agile User Stories, based on the regional input, that include detailed descriptions of the proposed enhancements desired by users, and acceptance criteria.
- Report on overall progress, including strengths and challenges of the process every two weeks.
- Establish a national requirement gathering process and documentation standard for regional Business Analysts (BA’s) to follow, based on client Agile development processes
- Track regional BA deliverables and provide guidance and feedback on work completed at regular intervals
- Assess regional requirements in the context of the overall project objectives to prioritize and filter for user story generation
- Collect and analyze requirements from client business clients individually or by means of facilitating group sessions
- Log requirements in the client Microsoft DevOps tool as user stories
- Identify similarities between regional requirements to simplify or harmonize the objectives
- Identify and analyze areas of risk
- Work with business clients to assign priority to user stories
- Iteratively refine backlog of user stories over time to add sufficient detail for development team to build the technical solution
- Preparing and presenting findings to business clients and development team
- Integrate into an Agile team workflow by attending Scrums and Sprint meetings
- Assess the organization’s ability to undertake and successfully deliver an initiative or change
- Assessing business problems to come up with potential solutions, which may be business process changes or technological solutions
- Minimum 3 years experience within the last 5 years as a Business Analyst working with IT Service Delivery processes within in the Canadian Federal Government
- Demonstrated experience in gathering user business requirements from diverse clients. Each project should be a minimum duration of 3 years.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing business requirements from multiple sources and consolidating them into a cohesive set within the past 3 years. Each project should be a minimum duration of 6 months
- Demonstrated experience within the last 5 years advising senior management and supporting the implementation of IT infrastructure services within the Government of Canada.
- Demonstrated experience within the last 5 years in AGILE development process, including knowledge of Epics, Features and User Stories
- Demonstrated experience within the last 5 years experience preparing and executing test cases based on user stories. Each project should be a minimum duration of 1 year
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.