Acosys consulting is looking for a Senior Blaze Developer who will be working closely with the product owners to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. As the Senior Blaze Developer you will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The successful candidate will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
· Work with IS and Business to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs. Assist in determining feasibility, time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
· Work with project team to formulate detailed program specifications using analysis and design methodology. Assists with definition and implementation of applications in a multi-platform distributed environment.
· Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections. May develop user manuals and operating procedures. Provide research and follow-up on production problems. May train users and provide technical assistance to resolve application and operating issues.
· Monitor ongoing performance of systems and develop updates or modifications according to business needs. Work with end users to provide production operation support including system setup and processing and data extraction.
· Provide off-hour support with on call rotation.
· Provide assistance to team with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members. Mentor team members to improve their understanding and skills. Ensure familiarity with resource materials.
· Work on special projects as assigned.
· Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
· Minimum of 5 years Blaze development experience
· Knowledge of MS Office tools including MS Excel
· Excellent written & communication skills
· Strong customer focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
· Experience working with software development teams
· Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
· Communicate technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion to non-technical personnel
· Ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
· Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make decisions with assistance from senior staff
· Strong oral and written facilitation and communication skills, including the ability to follow standards and methodology
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
· Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, GitHub
· Operating Systems: Linux, HP-UX or Unix variant, MS Windows
· Knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
· Familiarity with standard design patterns
Nice To Have
· Programming: PL/SQL, SQL, shell script, JPA
· Strong process orientation
· Experience/Knowledge of standards, structures and compliance to application standards and methodology
· Experience in multi-platform distributed environment in both client-server and web-based architectures
· Experience in Software Development through Agile frameworks such as SCRUM
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.