Business Analyst (Level 3)
Our Public client is actively seeking to hire a Business Analyst (Level 3)
for a contract position. Client requires the services of Business Analysts (Level 3) to support the client projects. The focus for the Business Analyst (Level 3) must be on documenting business requirements, participating in the development of functional specifications, reviewing design documents, creating use cases, creating user acceptance test case scenarios, and executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT). The Business Analyst (Level 3) must provide overall advice on all matters associated with the specific project identified in the Task Authorization
Working with a team of departmental staff, the Project Management Office (PMO), and project managers, the Business Analyst (Level 3) must provide business analysis support for the client project and the Business Architect (Level 3). The Business Analyst (Level 3) must serve as the conduit between the business community (internal and external clients) and the software development team through which requirements flow. The Business Analyst (Level 3) tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a quality review and document the business requirements;
- Identify gaps in business requirements and provide recommendations to the Business Architect (Level 3);
- Identify opportunities for organizational improvement;
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis;
- Facilitate group sessions to identify requirements;
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs;
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients to analyze information
- needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed:
- Functional requirements;
- Business requirements document;
- Use cases, graphical user interface (GUI), screen and interface designs;
- Work independently with users to define concepts with assistance from project managers;
- Challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans;
- Prepare a business analysis and a work flow analysis to assess difficulties in reaching goals and to determine a better strategy;
- Provide support in the analysis, evaluation and control of risks, especially related to requirements;
- Review and update documentation that may include, road map, project descriptions, system documentation, business/functional requirements, as-is business processes, architecture documents;
- Document the business and business process requirements, using the departmental Business Process Requirement (BPR) template, for components of the assigned ESDC project, using natural (plain) language;
- Participate in the development of the technical functional specification by collaborating with the Business Architect (Level 3), developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs;
- Participate in the review of the design documents;
- Update the requirements traceability matrix;
- Capture relevant information in the traceability matrix for each assigned project within the project, identifying gaps and provide recommendations to the Business Architect (Level 3)
- Document UAT test case scenarios and document results;
- Create user acceptance test case scenarios and obtain approval from the Business Architect (Level 3);
- Execute test cases, document and present findings to the Business Architect (Level 3) and project team;
- Transfer functional and technical knowledge to the project team and client staff through individual and group training, demonstrations, written instructions and documents on an ongoing basis throughout the life of the project; and
- Maintain all project artifacts as per established document management requirements for the department and Treasury Board (TB) policy.
- A status report on a bi-weekly basis, documenting the progress of the work described above in Tasks, including difficulties which may affect overall schedule and planned tasks for the next reporting period. The status report must include:
- Activities completed within the reporting period;
- Planned activities for the next reporting period;
- Risks/issues that will require the attention of the Business Architect (Level 3) and Project Authority; and
- Corrective actions required.
- Documentation, development and delivery of the business process flows for each major business activity.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, as a Business Analyst in an IM/IT environment, on a minimum of 5 projects, each for a minimum duration of 6 months, in a government or private sector environment, One of the projects must have been valued at greater than $5M
- Must have demonstrated experience, within the last 10 years, in the development of a minimum of 2 distinct business cases, and 5 sets of detailed requirements documents on projects valued at greater than $5M (including tax).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, gathering business process modeling requirements including preparing for and facilitating workshops and interviews.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, leading in the elicitation of business (including stakeholder, solution and transition) requirements.
- Must have demonstrated certification in business analysis from an internationally
- recognized organization (e.g. IIBA, PMI). A copy of the certification must be provided with the résumé.
- Using 5 projects each with a minimum duration of 6 months, the proposed resource must demonstrate experience in each of the technologies, software and tools identified in the TA as essential. Demonstrated experience must be within the last five years.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.