Our client requires a Senior Project Manager to provide leadership for the implementation of a variety of major projects in all client branches in support of internal project teams. The primary role of this position requires collaboration with all internal resources both within the branch conducting the project, the other stakeholder branches and the Innovation, Information and Technology Branch (IITB).
- Develop a PMO charter and implementation plan
- Define and document PMO team development objectives
- Determine resource requirements (HR and financial), PMO composition, roles, responsibilities and terms of reference for the team
- Design, implement and monitor operations of the project office against established goals, objectives and milestones as defined in the PMO charter and implementation plan
- Coach, mentor and direct PMO staff in project management processes (as defined by the Project Management Institute), good practices, methodologies, tools, and requirements as defined within the departmental IMP
- Develop a results based management framework with identified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the PMO and its supporting processes
- Create the data collection methodology, calculate and report on the KPIs identified in the results based management framework
- Contribute to the organization's strategic and business planning initiatives, including the directorate’s operational plan, as necessary
- Develop and document project office control and reporting procedures to manage changes in the PMO implementation plan
- Develop and document control and reporting procedures and the change control process for all projects (as applicable);
- Develop and document the risk and issue management processes to be used by the project
- Identify, treat, and manage risks and issues
- Establish quality control processes by which the project will be managed and must adhere to
- Monitor all aspects of the project
- Transfer functional and technical knowledge to the departmental project teams through individual and group training, demonstrations, written instructions and documents on an ongoing basis throughout the life of the project
- Maintain all project artifacts as per established document management requirements for the department and TB policy.
- Development and delivery of a project charter
- Development and delivery of an implementation plan including sub-plans on risk management, schedule, scope, cost and time management
- Development and fully documented operational processes and practices of how the projects or set of projects will operate and guidance provided to project managers on the project management processes to deliver the identified projects consistent with the departmental requirements and which support effective senior management oversight
- A quality management framework by which each project will be managed
- A monthly reporting framework for all projects
- Establish project document management processes – consistent with TB and departmental policy requirements
- Development of a standard resource load report to be used by all project managers (as applicable by branch). This report must be designed in such a way as to identify resource loads, resource conflicts, risks, and inter dependencies including but not limited to resource allocation and work analysis, and resource load so as to identify risks, gaps, conflicts, inter-dependencies not met to aid in the identification of slippage
- status report on a bi-weekly basis, documenting the progress of the work described above in Tasks, including difficulties which may affect overall schedule and planned tasks for the next reporting period. The status report must include:
- Activities completed within the reporting period
- Planned activities for the next reporting period
- Risks/issues that will require the attention of the Project Authority
- Corrective actions as required
- Cost and schedule performance of the project and/ or PMO
- Must have 10 years of experience, within the last 15 years, as a Senior (Level 3) Project Manager demonstrating the following activities:
- Developing artifacts such as:
- Project Charters
- Project Schedules
- Developing Project Dashboards
- Developing Project Management Plans
- Developing a risk plan, risk register and risk mitigation strategies
- Conducting Project Briefings to Senior Management.
- Must demonstrate experience, within the last 15 years, working as a senior project manager, leading as a minimum, a team of 3 project managers, on each of 2 government or private sector projects. The projects must relate to IM/ IT, business architecture or project management in a similar environment to the one outlined in the Statement of Work, one of which was valued at $5M or more.
- Must demonstrate experience, within the last 15 years, working on 5 government or private sector projects, each valued at $5M or more, where the proposed resource was required to collaborate with a number of stakeholders (both internal and external to the organization)
- Must demonstrate experience, within the last 15 years, working on 2 projects, each valued at $5M or more, where the role required coaching/ mentoring of project managers or PMO staff. One of the referenced projects must be from a government environment.
- Must demonstrate experience leading the development of a Project Management Office including the development of the following artefacts:
- Develop a PMO charter and implementation plan
- Define PMO roles and responsibilities, service offerings, project support structures and internal processes and procedures; and Development of training support, user guides, procedure documentation for PMO processes.
- Must hold a valid Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute. A copy of the certification must be provided with the résumé.
- Using 5 projects each with a minimum duration of 6 months, the proposed resource must demonstrate experience in each of the technologies, software and tools identified in the TA as essential. Demonstrated experience must be within the last five years.
*Short-listed candidates will be required to provide an updated cover letter in regards how they've met or exceeded the qualifications and complete a reliability background check.*
Acosys Consulting thanks all interested applicants who apply but please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.All interested candidates should also forward a resume directly to email@example.com
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.