Project Scheduler (Level 3)
Our Public client is actively seeking to hire a Project Scheduler (Level 3)
for a contract position. The client requires the services of Project Schedulers (Level 3) to support ESDC projects. The focus for the Project Scheduler (Level 3) will be on the development and implementation of detailed schedule and its maintenance, status monitoring and resource reporting to provide both formal and ad hoc reports to all required target audiences. The Project Scheduler (Level 3) must provide overall advice on all matters associated with project scheduling on the specific project identified in the Task Authorization. The initial focus of the Project Scheduler (Level 3) must be on developing an integrated approach to planning and resourcing using tombstone data of the approved projects.
Working with a team of departmental staff, and project managers, the Project Scheduler (Level 3) must provide support for clients projects. The Project Scheduler (Level 3) tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Complete development of project schedules based on available project schedule
- information and capture it in MS Enterprise Project Server (or whatever the clients project software is at the time of the Task Authorization);
- Create and modify the schedule, detailing each sequence of work that is to be done at a particular time;
- Maintain a master schedule, including recording the effects of work being performed on time and not performed on time for each project relative to the master schedule;
- Analyze existing project documents including schedules to identify gaps;
- Meet with Project Authority to validate and obtain missing information required to complete Resource Loaded View (resource allocation and work analysis, resource load and identify risks such as gaps, conflicts, inter-dependencies not met);
- Develop and maintain integrated project schedules, documentation and resources as
- guided by the project manager and monitor the schedule’s impact on the master schedule;
- Track the progress of the project including cost and schedule controls and evaluate
- progress of projects;
- Document issues and resolutions related to the project schedule and prepare regular updates;
- Communicate verbally and in writing with the project managers, branch lead, and when necessary with stakeholders to input modifications to the project schedule;
- Update risk registers for each project with any schedule risks;
- Communicate with the project managers, branch lead if necessary regarding project status and deliverables;
- Baseline project schedules in accordance with the departmental IMP requirements;
- Provide bi-weekly schedule analysis and discuss progress and find solutions to scheduling issues;
- Provide graphical representations of the high level schedule milestones for a project;
- Provide input in developing work schedules, as part of estimating cost of projects, illustrating project timelines and milestones;
- When scheduling problems surface, help project managers in determining cause and finding solutions by providing options for resolving gaps and mitigating risks;
- Assist the project manager in the development of the WBS;
- Provide planning advice and support to the PMO lead and project leads by coordinating and consulting with relevant project team members to ensure completion of proper planning before a project is started;
- Transfer functional and technical knowledge to the project team and client staff through individual and group training, demonstrations, written instructions and documents on an
- ongoing basis throughout the life of the project; and
- Maintain all project artifacts as per established document management requirements for the department and TB policy.
- A status report on a bi-weekly basis, documenting the progress of the work described above in Tasks, including difficulties which may affect overall schedule and planned tasks for the next reporting period. The status report must include:
- Activities completed within the reporting period;
- Planned activities for the next reporting period;
- Schedule risks/issues that will require the attention of the Project Authority; and
- Corrective actions required.
- A schedule analysis report; and
- Development, delivery and maintenance of schedules for each project;
- Must have 10+ years demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, as a Project Scheduler working in an IM/IT environment.
- Must have demonstrated experience, within the last 5 years, working in a project scheduler role on one project within a government or private sector environment, valued at $5M or more, for a period of at least 2 years.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, scoping, developing and maintaining project schedules using Microsoft Project Professional or Microsoft Project Server.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, monitoring and reporting project performance.
- Using 5 projects each with a minimum duration of 6 months, the proposed resource must demonstrate experience in each of the technologies, software and tools identified in the TA as essential.
- Demonstrated experience must be within the last five years.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.