Risk Management Specialist (Level 3)
Our Public client is actively seeking to hire a Risk Management Specialist (Level 3)
for a contract position. The client requires the services of Risk Management Specialists (Level 3) to support clients projects. The focus for the Risk Management Specialist (Level 3) will be to provide risk management expertise and support to project teams including conducting risks assessments, development of risk management plans and providing coaching and mentoring support to project teams. The Risk Management Specialist (Level 3) must provide overall advice on all matters associated with risk management on the specific project identified in the Task Authorization.
The initial focus of the Risk Management Specialist (Level 3) must be on development of internal project risks practices and training to improve risk management processes and transparency for executive project reporting.
Working with a team of departmental staff, and project managers, the Risk Management Specialist (Level 3) must provide support for clients projects. The Risk Management Specialist (Level 3) tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct risk assessments;
- Identify project risks and overall project risks;
- Recommend alternative solutions, methodologies and strategies for risk mitigation
- and management;
- Produce risk management plans;
- Conduct risk assessments for troubled projects to quickly assess associated risks and
- recommend courses of action to minimize inherent risks;
- Assist in prioritization and assignment of risks;
- Assist in the development and/or implementation of Risk Management Plans;
- Manage the implementation of Risk Management Plans to identify, analyze, plan,
- track and control project risks on a continuous basis throughout the project life cycle; and
- Coach, mentor and train project teams in risk mitigation techniques
- A status report on a bi-weekly basis, documenting the progress of the work described above in Tasks, including difficulties which may affect overall schedule and planned tasks for the next reporting period. The status report must include:
- Activities completed within the reporting period;
- Planned activities for the next reporting period;
- Risks/issues that will require the attention of the Project Authority; and
- Corrective actions required.
- Development and facilitate risks management sessions for projects;
- Presentation materials for committee meetings including monthly dashboards;
- Documented internal risk management processes; and
- A report on lessons learned and improvements to be made within risk management processes.
- Must have greater than 10 years demonstrated experience, within the last 15 years, as a Risk Management Specialist working in an IM/IT environment.
- Must hold a valid Canadian Risk Management certification from a recognized risk or project management institute. Acceptable certifications include Canadian Risks Management CRM, PMI Risk Management Professional or Manager of Risk - Axelos certification/designation. A copy of the certification must be provided with the résumé.
- Must demonstrate experience, within the last 5 years, in the development and facilitation of risk management sessions and training at a project, program or portfolio management level.
- Must demonstrate completion of Risk Assessments for 3 Project Complexity and Risk Assessment (PCRA) rated Government of Canada projects within the past 5 years.
- Using 5 projects each with a minimum duration of 6 months, the proposed resource must demonstrate experience in each of the technologies, software and tools identified in the TA as essential. Demonstrated experience must be within the last five years.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.