Senior Business Analyst
Our Public client is actively seeking to hire a Senior Business Analyst
for a 6 Months contract in Ottawa or Montreal .
The ADM(HR-Civ), under the Digital HR Directorate, responding to demand created by changes to its new national service delivery model, has an immediate need for two (2) Business Analyst Consultants; one (1) English and one (1) Bilingual
with knowledge and experience in business architecture, business process mapping / re-engineering, project management support and working in a dev/ops environment, providing business analyst support for in-service change and release processes.
The consultants will provide business analyst support:
- In the development and documentation of HR-Civ business architectures under Digital HR’s mandate to streamline the delivery of HR-Civ programs, products, services and overall operational performance.
- To the HR-Civ project and portfolio management office undertaking enterprise level projects, and
- To dev/ops teams supporting in-service change and release processes.
Description and Scope of the Work
- Develop, document and maintain HR-Civ Business architectures which may include but not limited to individual and/or integrated views of: business architectures, data architectures, information architectures, application architectures, technical architectures and system architectures for the purpose of:
- Streamlining and increasing operational performance,
- Supporting strategic planning, projects and initiatives, and
- Supporting dev/ops teams in assessing releases and their impacts to people processes and technologies based on current business architectures.
- Work under the guidance and direction of the ADM(HR-Civ), Director of Digital HR, established business architecture methodologies and governance.
- Work alone or in collaboration with other Business Analysts develop ideas, identify risk and/or opportunities and communicate results and/or make recommendations to senior management.
- Develop, document and maintain HR-Civ Business architectures which may include but not limited to individual and/or integrated views of: business processes and architectures, data architectures, information architectures, application architectures, technical architectures and system architectures in qualiware.
- Identify, recommend, plan, provide advice or assist in implementing new processes.
- Provide advice in developing and integrating process and information models between processes to eliminate information and process redundancies.
- Participate and/or host workshops, conference calls and status meetings with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams in business, project and/or release planning activities.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports to executives, project teams and/or dev ops teams in support of strategic planning, project management and change & release management activities.
- Participate in project teams/committees meetings; write and present relevant material.
- Use business architecture tools and software including but not limited to: Qualiware, MS Visio, MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and Access), GCDOCS and SharePoint.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.
- The resource MUST have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an IT Business Analyst for digital business & transformation initiatives and applications performing the following:
- Requirements gathering, review of existing systems and applications, business process re-engineering and description, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Evaluate and analyze information, decompose high-level information into details.
- Identify potential sources of data and develop data models to support general analysis;
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements for recommending digital transformation solutions to clients, stakeholders, managers And / or senior management for complex projects.
- A complex enterprise wide initiative is understood to mean solution/project that impacts the whole organization and includes two (2) or more of the following:
- A multi- platform set of technologies requiring integration;
- A multi-tier diverse set of technologies requiring integration;
- Requirements for high reliability and availability;
- A program of national/international or significant corporate scope;
- Requirements for high availability (99% availability) mission critical (7/24) system;
- Involving multidisciplinary teams.