Acosys Consulting is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer
for its leading health and benefits provider client.
Our client has a great team to build best in class configuration management, automated deployments, and CICD pipeline and provide reliable, scalable infrastructure for our customers. The resource is responsible for architecting and developing the on premises cloud infrastructure layer needed to run the OpenShift application platform. In addition, this resource will build internal applications and tools to improve efficiency, automation and system monitoring for our continuous delivery pipeline. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the application development engineers to ensure the end product is a high-performing, highly available, and secure platform that our customers trust.
The opportunity for this engineer is to take their years of experience and apply that in a way that will define how Express Scripts Canada thinks about development operations, deployments, monitoring, and application infrastructure. This individual will help define the roadmap and drive work that will help engineers be more productive, safer code deployments and ultimately drive the strategic success of our company.
DevOps Engineer will also help the Technology Development team in development lifecycle automation. The engineer will work with the development teams to bring state of the art continuous integration and continuous deployment practices to existing development practices.
- Establish best practices in continuous integration and continuous deployment among a variety of internal software solutions.
- Help build and foster an open standard approach to the development lifecycle.
- Lead to design container-based architectures for the transition of legacy software systems to in house cloud based deployments like Openshift.
- Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations.
- Work with remote teams to deliver complex and cutting-edge software solutions for a growing business.
- Design and build our Linux platform’s infrastructure and associated services, such as logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Collaborate closely with the backend and data engineering teams to create scalable and self-healing infrastructure
- Evangelize and drive stellar operational practices across the entire engineering team. .
- Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues related with infrastructure, configuration and deployments in production & non-production environment
- Create tools and deployment systems that enable high feature velocity and developer quality of life
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or similar.
- Previous experience as a DevOps or Systems engineer
- At least 6 years of strong software engineering experience. Understanding of J2EE technologies, e.g., Servlets, JSPS, EJBS, Web services, etc.
- 2 years of hands-on Linux scripting and administration or experience with managing middleware application technologies is required
- At least 3 years of experience with deployment of enterprise scale software systems, both on premises and in the cloud.
- Working knowledge of security practices and server hardening standards.
- Experience integrating, deploying and maintaining web technologies like Angular, React Js, and Spring Boot.
- Practical experience in the following areas:
- Package Management tools: rpm, pip, npm, and/or chocolatey, etc.
- Container build and orchestration: Linux OpenShift /Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm
- Build Servers and Tools: Jenkins Services
- Dependency Management tools: Maven, Ant
- Versioning and Git based source control
- Code Quality tools : Sonar Qube, CheckMarx
- Quality Assurance Automation Tools : Selenium, HP QTP
- Agile Process Tools to integrate with Jenkins : Jira, Confluence, Hipchat