Application Support Specialist Level 1 and 2
Acosys is currently looking for an Application Support Specialist Level 1 and 2
to join our leading providers of health benefits management services client. The successful candidate shall possess a strong client-centric focus with a keen eye for problem solving. This candidate must have a willingness to work a flexible schedule with on-call duties as required.
- Monitor, investigate, answer and log internal application issues. Impart business knowledge to assist and support client’s internal customers on day-to-day system issues, include file transfer issues
- Work with internal service providers including the Systems Development and Implementation Services teams to identify and resolve system-related issues
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to the support process, procedures and testing process, and procedures within the IS department
- Update, record and track all User ID Set-up requests for internal software application: modifications, terminations, password resets, including QA
- Review and update process documents and User templates on a regular basis to reflect current information and processes
- Write and distribute internal communications regarding system-related issues
- Liaise with other internal departments as required
- Respond to claims inquiries from the Customer Services and the Call Centre
- Install, test, troubleshoot and document the procedure for the installation of new desktop releases for the pharmacy and dental systems; duties also include the creation of the CD and the packaging of the desktop applications for installation by client's customers
- Other projects as assigned by Management.
- Post-secondary degree with related job experience in insurance, customer service or computer science.
- 1-3 years experience in a service desk role with a focus on customer service.
- Knowledge of UNIX, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol and its relationship to feed transmission and receipt is an asset.
- Excellent problem solver and able to resolve unique problems where no precedent exists.
- Good working knowledge of client's operations and systems
- Ideal candidate has excellent analytical and documentation skills, is proactive, energetic and a team-player
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers
- Business knowledge of pharmacy, dental and extended health claims processing is a definite asset.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.