Senior AX Developer
Acosys is currently looking for a Senior AX Developer
to join our leading providers of health benefits management services client. You will be working with the business and IS teams to code and support complex customizations to our newly implemented Dynamics AX 2012 system.
The Senior AX Developer provides guidance to cross-functional teams to foster alignment for effective resolution of issues. The successful candidate will support the development of new business initiatives into fully supported products; analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer systems, driving decisions to ensure that business needs are prioritized.
The Senior Developer would actively interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent direction is maintained by all stakeholders, assist with customer product inquiries and RFCs (requests for change) and would serve as key subject matter expert to provide technical and analytical guidance to various teams across the organization, while ensuring adherence to quality standards on deliverables.
- Work with Information Systems and Business to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs. Assist in determining feasibility, time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- Work with project team to formulate detailed program specifications using analysis and design methodology. Assists with definition and implementation of applications in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Work with project team members using agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections, may develop user manuals and operating procedures, provide research and follow-up on production problems and may train users and provide technical assistance to resolve application and operating issues.
- Monitor ongoing performance of systems and develop updates or modifications according to business needs. Work with end users to provide production operation support including system setup and processing and data extraction.
- Provide off-hour support with on call rotation.
- Provide assistance to team with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, and/or Finance and Accounting or related fields
- 7 – 9 years of previous software development experience within an Information Systems environment
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- 3 – 5 years of experience with Dynamics AX Implementations using Microsoft best practices and Sure Step methodology
- 3 – 5 years of experience with the following modules: AR, Sales, AP, Procurement, GL, FA, Cash and Banking, Inventory, Product Information Management, Project Management, Warehouse Management, Travel and Expenses
- Working knowledge of Security architecture and management in Dynamics AX
- General PC knowledge including all Microsoft Office applications
- Oracle and SQL Databases; PL/SQL
- Knowledge of healthcare industry knowledge, desired
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams to work collaboratively toward aligned project objectives
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must; effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Proven ability to work independently to prioritize work and meet work commitments; ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and make independent decisions
- Experience working with offshore development and teams
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.