Acosys Consulting is looking to hire a Business Analyst for its client.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Functions and Tasks
Required Skills and Competencies
- Identifies stakeholders and effective analysis approach
- Identifies effective elicitation approach and techniques
- Provides estimates, plans requirements-related activities and enacts the plan
- Prepares deliverables (business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, process diagrams, etc.) in accordance with project requirements and company standards
- Coordinates with stakeholders and SMEs in relevant activities
- Communicates requirements-related information and updates
- Analyzes progress of analysis work, identifies risks, communicates status and effective mitigation recommendations to PM and stakeholders
- Understanding of BA role in different software development models and methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Data oriented and comfortable in reading and extracting patterns, trends and insight from data
- Understanding of good IT practices
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicting interests of stakeholders to identify viable solution
- Excellent writing skills
- 5+ years of combined IT and business experience, 3+ years BA or related experience
- University level education in relevant field
- Knowledge of modeling and requirement management tools (Visio, requirements traceability, etc.).
- Clear understanding of project management principles
- Solid knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Communication and presentation skills to work effectively with different individuals of varying skill sets, areas of expertise, communication styles and organizational hierarchies
- Deliver results working independently and in a team
- Must be able to read and write in English and French
- Criminal Reference Clearance (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Clearance are requirements of the employment offer (5 years in Canada must)
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.