Acosys Consulting is looking to hire an Organizational Design and Classification Consultant
for its client
Our Client is seeking the services of Organizational Design and Classification consultants on a part-time basis (2-3 days per week) for up to 5 years.
The proposed resources would need to provide services onsite.
The main tasks to be performed by the consultant(s) will be evaluating work descriptions and writing rationales for executive and non-executive positions. Other related tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Job Evaluation
- Apply the Executive Group Position Evaluation Plan and the current public service classification standards for non-Executive positions;
- Validation activities, such as on-site interviews and relativity studies;
- Preparing evaluation rationales and (or) written justifications;
- Participating as a rating member and (or) chairing classification committees and (or) grievance committees; and
- Preparing reports and providing classification advice, guidance, tools and other support in areas of EX classification using the Executive Group Evaluation Plan and in other areas of classification using the current classification standards.
- Organizational Design
- Performing analysis of organization, job activities and (or) responsibilities by identifying organizational options and associated pros and cons for each option;
- Preparing organizational change proposal reports and (or) justifications that support the proposed organizational changes which may include an implementation plan; and
- Reviewing existing work descriptions and (or) identifying the need to create new position(s) or revise existing position(s) and recommend appropriate duties, responsibilities and changes to reflect the new organizational structure.
- Corporate Classification Activities
- Departmental classification program strategies and plans;
- Development of classification policies, guidelines, tools and communication mechanisms;
- Classification monitoring and reporting, internally and to central agencies; and
- Advice and guidance, mentoring and coaching on classification issues.
- University Degree (PhD, Graduate, Undergraduate)
- Relevant Professional Certification
- 10+ years of experience as a Organization Design and Classification Consultant
- Must have a University degree from a recognized University with acceptable specialization in Human Resources Management, Labor or Industrial Relations, Psychology, Public or Business Administration, Organizational Development, Education Sciences, Social Sciences, Sociology, or in any other field relevant to the work to be performed or
- Must have a valid accreditation in classification.
- Must have 5 years of experience in performing classification at the operational non-EX as well as the EX level. In addition, the proposed resource must have recent experience (within the last 5 years) using non-ex classification job evaluation standards and the Executive Group Position Evaluation Plan.
- Must have strategic and operational experience in the following areas:
- performing organizational design analysis;
- providing advice and guidance on organizational design and classification issues; and
- providing advice on related policies, practices and tools.
- Critiquing and evaluating non-EX and EX work descriptions;
- conducting job validation (on-site) reviews;
- conducting relativity searches;
- preparing full non-EX and EX classification rationales; and
- Participating in classification committees and preparing reports.
- Criminal Reference Clearance (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Clearance are requirements of the employment offer
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.