Acosys Consulting is looking to hire a Junior Data Scientist
for its client:
-Recent experience* in designing, planning or implementing analytical projects using at least three of the following components:
- Data collection and respondent relations;
- Data integration;
- Data analysis;
- Data access and privacy;
- Client/stakeholder relations or marketing;
- Representing a statistical program or division as an expert/advisor on development projects, task forces or committees
- Developing and managing aspects of data infrastructure***
- Recent experience* working with non-technical stakeholders to define and refine the requirements of a data request or project
- Recent experience* developing data briefings, interactive visualizations and presentations
*Recent means experience in the last three years. Experience may be acquired through a combination of school work or professional experience.
**Examples of data infrastructure include claims databases, information management databases, geographical information databases, and classification hierarchies
- Knowledge of at least one programming/statistical analyses language, such as SAS, STATA, R, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of the principles of statistics, including descriptive and predictive statistics
- Respectful of Diversity
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Research and Analyses
- Excellent oral and written Communication
-Experience* contributing to the development, maintenance or quality assurance of Business Intelligence applications
-Experience utilizing Business Intelligence products, specifically OLAP Cubes through various interfaces (e.g. Excel, SAS)
-Experience* engaging and/or working with Aboriginal groups or organizations
* Experience may be acquired through a combination of school work or professional experience.
Consideration may be given to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the four designated Employment Equity groups to address demonstrated under-representation or other Branch/Departmental objectives: Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with a Disability, Visible Minorities, and Women.
Willingness and ability to travel
May be required to work overtime on weekdays or weekends
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates must meet and maintain the listed conditions of employment throughout their employment.
Security: Enhanced Reliability